In this class, I’ll teach you the biology basics of food and wine pairing. Using principles from food science and some basic ingredients, plus cheeses, we’ll test basic pairing principles (many outlined in the Wine for Normal People book!) and try out food and wine combinations that are presented consistently. Rather than just giving you a list of what goes well with what, I’ll show you how wine is at its best when paired with food…and why certain combinations work. At the end of this unique and invaluable session, you will be able to pair wine and food more successfully and confidently than you ever imagined.
We will taste:
- Sancerre from the Loire Valley to pair with chèvre
- White Burgundy to pair with Gruyère
- Fruity Pinot Noir from New Zealand to pair with Brie
- Rioja Crianza to pair with Manchego
- California Cabernet Sauvignon to pair with aged Gouda.
Note: Although the wine for this class will stick to our “around $20 a bottle” rule, cheese will be essential for this class, so please factor that in if you are on a budget.